The Kano state Hisba Board on Tuesday, October 27, said it made all nessesary preparations for the mass wedding of another batch of 2,000 widows and divorcees in the state.
The director-general of the board, Dr Abba Sufi, said the preparations followed recent directive by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje to start arrangement for the wedding of another batch of 2,000 couples, the News Agency of Nigeria in Kano reports.
Sufi said the event is expected to take place before the end of the year. He also said the board intended to introduce some innovations to improve on its programmes with a view to addressing other challenges.
“The aim of the programme is to check prostitution and other vices in the society, hence the decision of government to sustain it,” Sufi said.
He urged prospective couples to cooperate with the board in order to ensure the success of the programme.
No fewer than 5,000 couples had so far benefitted from the government-sponsored mass wedding programme introduced by former Governor Rabi’u Kwankwaso in May 2012.
Ask me one on one.