Halloween party ideas 2015








Official Abolarin:
When did you start playing the saxophone, and why did you choose it?

Drey Sax:  
“ I started the sax in the year 2010, but before taking the saxophone, I actually was playing the flute (recorder), i chose the saxophone because I loved wind instruments like; trumpet, clarinet e.t.c.”

Official Abolarin:
Who are your biggest influences?

Drey Sax:
“Segun Oluwayomi ,Yemi Sax and Wale Sax.”

Official Abolarin:
When did you meet Peter Sax?

Drey Sax:
“I met Peter Sax in 100L, He used to be my hostel mate and the Sax brought us together”


Official Abolarin:
When did you join the Drey Sax Crew and how did it happen?

Drey Sax: 
“Drey Sax Crew is a family, I never joined Drey Sax Crew, it just happened. I actually put the crew because I needed more brothers and those are my crew”

Official Abolarin:
How do you feel about people downloading music rather than buying physical copies?

Drey Sax: 
“first and foremost the music downloading is a very fast way to get the latest songs. That is why we have the internet, but buying the physical copies is also good,though it takes time to go out and start getting them. I prefer downloading music to buying physical copies because it is very fast.”


Official Abolarin:
How do you feel about the music industry today?

Drey Sax: 
“I feel great, I feel very happy because Nigerians are really trying and lots of artistes are working hard everyday, going to studios and all. But Nigerians prefer Dance Hall music to Blues, I really want us to work on that because NO BI EVERYTIN BI ROCK ND DANCE we have to listen to cool music and relax our brains”

Official Abolarin:
Where do you see yourself five years from now?

Drey Sax:
“Laughs!! QUESTION AYE... I see myself where God wants me to be”

Official Abolarin:
Do you think singer/songwriters are the best interpreters of their own work or do you believe some cover versions can be better than the original?
Drey Sax:
“The song writers and singers are the best interpreters of their work.. But,the main reason why people do their cover version is because they love the beat or something. Or maybe they want to work with the artiste”

Official Abolarin:
Who have you always dreamt of working with and why? How would you go about accomplishing this?

Drey Sax:
“ Don Jazzy, Olamide, Davido, Segun OluwaYomi and Yemi Sax. May God help me.”


Official Abolarin:
As you are starting out your career in the music industry what steps do you plan on taking to reach your goal?

Drey Sax: 
“ First step is prayer, like asking God to lead and guide you. Secondly, working hard and allowing God to do the rest. Because in the book of the bible, it says; seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all other things shall be added unto it“


Official Abolarin:
What is the greatest thing about working in the music industry? And what would you change if you had the opportunity?

Drey Sax: 
“ Greatest thing about working in the music industry is LOVE,u meet different kinds of people. I would change the way people jump onto beat anyhow take for instance, before a Nigerian Artiste starts his song he would call his name for a minute, Why?. I would make love and peace reign amongst artistes”


Official Abolarin:
From your experience in the entertainment industry what advice could you offer people looking to get where you are today?

Drey Sax: 
“The first advice pray before going into anything because most people go into music for fun and it’s not about fun but passing across messages to people, you can imagine an Okada Rider singing because of women, money and alcohol he sees in music videos. NA EXAMPLE I GIVE O”

Official Abolarin:
From your experience so far, what have you found to be most challenging? And how are you dealing with it?

Drey Sax:
“The most challenging thing in this industry is dealing with female fans. God has been helping me and he will keep helping me”

Official Abolarin:
Share with us your proudest moment in your career so far?

Drey Sax:
“ I have a lots of proud moments but my proudest moment was the day I performed at governor’s church, Alausa, Ikeja. Lagos,it wawooowwwww” 

Questions from the fans.

Teelz: Why is that he knows how to play Sax?

Drey Sax: 
“ Me playing Sax is a miracle I never thought I could play the Saxophone but God did it”

Peter: 
“I heard Drey Sax is Gay!! And I don’t know how true that is?

Drey Sax:
“Laughs………. I AM NOT GAY AND I WILL NEVER BE ONE”

Manzy:
How many girls he don fuck since he enter Benin?

Drey Sax:
“Lol!! I have no answer to that question cause am not a womanizer”


Oyinda (Esep Le Berger University): 
What happened to the Sax’s version of Reggae Blues?

Drey Sax:              “It is Personal.”





What a wonderful Time having a Chat with DREY SAX.

Thanks for reading

More interview dropping soon!!!

Post a Comment

{picture#https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12669710_1289038414445550_5320845226751686007_n.jpg?oh=94e9c0656a88f1b76fae2b6f635ab14e&oe=579ABC68} Ask me one on one. {facebook#https://facebook..com/hpelumi} {twitter#https://twitter.com/abolarinsblog} {google#https://gmail.com/officialabolarin} {pinterest#https://pinterest.com/officialabolarin} {youtube#https://youtube.com/officialabolarin} {instagram#https://instagram.com/officialabolarin}
Powered by Blogger.