Halloween party ideas 2015

Indigenous rapper, Jibola Toriola, popularly referred to as Jhybo, visited NAIJ.com workplace just lately to debate his music, setbacks, and different points that concern him and his followers. The Ogun state born entertainer shed mild on his hassle with former label, Bay Productions, and his relationship with Cynthia Morgan on this thrilling learn.
Jhybo rapper
Jhybo
So, how’s the enterprise? 
We thank God for the enterprise simply that greenback is up and it has being like that for a very long time.
Does that have an effect on your music; occasions, recordings and all?
It’s affecting everyone. You already know we rely on dollars a lot not solely on this nation however the remainder of the world as it’s the main foreign money. It won’t have an effect on the exhibits however issues we purchase are on the excessive aspect.
You speak extra like a enterprise man than an entertainer, how come?
Yeah, I’ve received to. Yorubas will say, “Ishiro loko dido”, so I’ve received to do some calculations and plan. That’s the type of individual I am.
Let’s transfer away from enterprise a bit and speak about music. How lengthy have you ever being doing music?
I can’t actually point out the yr. I have being doing music for fairly a while now. I began very early within the church like each different church boy, very small. Since then, I have being doing it huge time at my faculties, obtained signed, completed the contract and now with LIMA.
READ ALSO: Why I am shifting to hip-hop – Well-known fuji music star
You began like a church boy! However you don’t appear to be one proper now. What knowledgeable your new look?
I assume my new look is simply a confused look. I simply dey confused. I was simply in a temper that permits something go and the brand new dreads concept got here up. I’m simply a pure individual. However I don’t’ subscribe to the entire ideology that, that is how church individuals ought to look or eight to 5 individual or an artiste or a road man. Who says I can’t be a church boy even with my dreads? There’s a saying that God lives in everyone even a mad man.
You will have been within the business for a whereas and lots of pundits anticipated you to have taken your artwork past this current degree. What are you able to determine because the hindrance that has been denying you attending to the height of your profession?
I have been listening to that a lot. Everyone wan get to the height, no be milk. My journey is my journey. Everyone received their struggles, I’m dealing with mine. That is me Jibola Toriola aka Jhybo. I’m not in competitors with anybody. That is my life. Individuals anticipate an excessive amount of however I have my personal issues and let downs too that I have been dealing with and are unknown to the individuals. As a result of I’m an artist, individuals focus on my life and have a tendency to plan it for me thereby making some unimaginable postulations. I have had accusations like: “Why did you give some individuals the prospect to blow greater than you?”, numerous occasions however I stated it on one in every of my raps. Let me put this to you, if 2Pac have been alive, gained’t there be Lil Wayne? So let everybody take pleasure in his or her time, please.
You did Ejo Le Fe Ro with Cynthia Morgan in 2010, a monitor to promote her to us. You two acted so intimate within the video that it raised speculations that you simply have been courting. What do you must say about that?
Sure, we’re in a relationship, however it’s friendship. We’re good pals until immediately. In truth, we spoke yesterday. We’re cool. She is simply the kind of good friend that may name me humorous names like ‘silly’ and all. We’re very free and shut.
READ ALSO: Why I was illegally arrested and detained for one week – Nigerian rapper
Ejo Le Fe Ro was massive. Did you envisage how huge it might be?
I by no means thought the music would go far. There’s a story behind it. I was going for my youth service and I and Cynthia had recognized one another for a very long time. Somebody simply stated, she does patois and also you do Yoruba rap, why don’t you guys do one thing collectively earlier than you allow? And we got here up with the beat and the refrain. We produced it in someone’s front room. I touched the beat as a result of I used to supply then. I recorded it and traveled to Taraba earlier than I acquired a name that my track was rocking Lagos. I was shocked. Me, that was dwelling on NYSC’s (allowance) then. So I began getting provides for interviews and exhibits a lot of individuals have been searching for me.

Post a Comment

{picture#https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12669710_1289038414445550_5320845226751686007_n.jpg?oh=94e9c0656a88f1b76fae2b6f635ab14e&oe=579ABC68} Ask me one on one. {facebook#https://facebook..com/hpelumi} {twitter#https://twitter.com/abolarinsblog} {google#https://gmail.com/officialabolarin} {pinterest#https://pinterest.com/officialabolarin} {youtube#https://youtube.com/officialabolarin} {instagram#https://instagram.com/officialabolarin}
Powered by Blogger.